Downtown Robbing Leads to Temporary Downtown Lockdown
— Downtown Moses Lake, WA
Breaking News Update
What we know so far
• Both the Moses Lake Police Department and Grant County deputies surrounded a portion of W 3rd Avenue between South Division Street in downtown Moses Lake
• MLPD and GCSO confirmed there were two robbery suspects that were taken into custody.
• According to eyewitnesses, Moses Lake Police surrounded a gray 4-door vehicle at roughly 5:30 p.m. Thursday evening. The vehicle was occupied by two males.
• Photos and Videos captured by eyewitnesses shows Moses Lake police and Grant County Sheriffs surrounding the grey vehicle, with the officers' guns drawn on the vehicle.
• The Moses Lake Police confirmed that Thursday evening officers located suspects who were allegedly involved in a robbery. Local Police said officers were dispatched to a call that involved a man with a firearm.
• Local police at the scene could not disclose any details of the alleged robbery Moses Lake Police Capt. Dave Sands stated that at least one suspect is in police custody.
An unidentified citizen who witnessed the incident told MLWA 7 one male who was inside of the vehicle exited the car quickly. He then added the other male took longer and appeared agitated.
• Eyewitnesses stated that MLPD police opened up the trunk of the 4-door vehicle and removed a long weapon which he described as a "long gun." It is not confirmed if the weapon discovered by the officers was a firearm.
• The owner of Roost in downtown Moses Lake said he had customers who were inside during the time of the incident and noticed one of the males with a rifle and quickly moved them to the back of the store for safety and locked the doors.
This is a developing story with more information to follow.