• MLWA 7

Grant County Sheriffs Office to hold online public meeting regarding new location for county jail



- Ephrata, WA


On February 22, 2021 at 3:00pm, the Grant County Sheriffs Office will hold a public meeting for the proposed location for a new jail. The meeting will be held on a WebEx type virtual meeting. The information is below if you would like to attend. Please note the event number and event password to attend.


On July 24th of 2019 the Grant County Sheriffs Office proposed in a Moses Lake city council meeting a 0.3% law and justice sales tax increase to help fund a new jail to replaced the cramped older jail currently behind the Grant County courthouse in Ephrata north of Moses Lake. In the new approved o.3% law and justice sales tax increase 60% of the new tax increase money that is held by the county and the rest of the 40% will be dispersed to the City of Moses Lake and it's surrounding towns and in Northern Grant County. When proposed Tom Dent said that the new 0.3 % tax increase is estimated to bring in about $5.5 million to $6 million annually, breaking down to between $3.3 million and $3.6 million to the county and $2.2 million to $2.4 million distributed to the cities. Here in Moses Lake, the tax would bring in roughly $1 million annually.


Estimated proposed annual revenue distribution by city (Moses Lake metro):

  • Moses Lake: $960,000-$1 million

  • Ephrata: $330,000-$360,000

  • Soap Lake: $65,000-$70,000

  • Quincy: $308,000-$336,000

  • Warden: $112,000-$122,000

  • Royal City: $90,000-$99,000

  • Mattawa: $187,000-$204,000


The links below are the link to access the meeting. https://grantcowa.webex.com/grantcowa/onstage/g.php...

Date and time: Monday, February 22, 2021 3:00 pm PST Duration: 1 hour

Event number: 146 649 4010 Event password: JAIL2021 Video Address: 1466494010@grantcowa.webex.com<mailto:1466494010@grantcowa.webex.com> United States Toll Number: +1-408-418-9388; Access code: 146 649 4010

29 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
MLWA 7 Media is based out of Moses Lake Washington. Any questions or concerns or any questions on advertising feel free to email us at MLWA7News@Gmail.com or call us at +1(509)760-9301 between the hours of 2:30 pm - 6:00 pm Pacific Standard Time Monday - Thursday at 831 E. Colonial Ave Moses Lake, WA 98837